It’s Thanksgiving. Yes, a time on the calendar we can depend on. A time that reminds us that we are still here living our lives, even if everything feels topsy turvy, stressful or downright scary at times. We are all looking for some peace, a bit of joy, a way to feel into this new normal while folks are waiting to get back to normal.
It’s hard to say what back to normal will look like but what we can say is how amazingly resilient we humans are. Imagine being able to find simple things, people, products, even time, to be grateful for. Gratitude is the way forward. I was blown away when I restarted my gratitude mornings how much each day became lighter. How positive I could be in the face of frightening or disappointing news. How centered I could become by simply recognizing the beauty of a flower, a kind gesture, a great meal, a dear friend.
Here are some tips to find the spark of gratitude in your life:
- Wake up and say “I am grateful for my new day” a sentence filled with possibility.
- If you are in a relationship, notice that person’s presence as a gift in your life. It’s easy to notice the annoyances but what do they bring to your life?
- Notice where you are putting your attention. If there is a situation that is bothersome, or troubling find the good in it and find a way to take action to change the rest. (One step at a time if it’s a big one)
- Declare your intention for having a great day.
- Thank someone in your life or in your day, for something.
- Give! Tell someone you care, give a compliment, send flowers, be love and you will feel grateful you made someone else’s day.
- Make a list of 3 things you are grateful for each morning and notice the bounty you may have missed.
- Thank a good friend or special family member for being in your life.
Happiest Thanksgiving to all. May you spend it in a way that brings you peace and joy.